Senior Product Manager
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
About Glo: Glo (originally YogaGlo) was founded in 2008 before online fitness classes became mainstream. Active in 164 countries, Glo has become a go-to for people seeking mindful movement all over the globe.
In the last two years, as people have spent more time living and working from home, Glo’s online classes for yoga, pilates, meditation, and fitness have supported our community of members in mind and body. In an effort to engage with and meet the needs of a diverse community, Glo is looking for an experienced Product Manager to add direction, organization, and vision to the 10+ engineering team as they roll out new features and enhancements to the member journey.
About the Position: This design-centric PM will be responsible for managing new features and enhancement requests for Glo members. This position is fully remote for anyone living in California or Texas, but it is a bonus if you live near Los Angeles or Austin to collaborate in-person on a more regular basis. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its members.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Play a key role in moving the product from ideation to launch: Reporting directly to the CEO who currently acts as Head of Product, you’ll move items out of the backlog, and see them through the design process, testing, and work directly with the Engineering Project Manager.
- Develop KPIs and Measure Product Success: Define meaningful KPIs and gather metrics with the Data Science team to report on and calculate the ROI on product launches and engineering efforts.
- Maintain the Product Backlog: Organize and prioritize the product backlog, developing user stories for new enhancement and features.
You’re the right person for this opportunity if…
- You are deeply connected to the product lifecycle - from setting up and conducting user interviews, writing user stories and working with a designer to craft exceptional experiences, organizing and prioritizing a backlog, and iterating on MVPs.
- You have a passion for creating repeatable and scalable processes that can help facilitate growth, collaboration, and iterations.
- You are a proven asset to any product team and bring at least 5 years of experience.
- You are data-focused - with a keen eye for how to measure and track the success of enhancements and features.
- You LOVE measuring success - from defining what to measure, figuring out how to measure, and reporting on those metrics to show how product updates are (or are not) enhancing the customer experience.
- You are hyper-focused on scaling the things that are working well and adjusting the things that are not.
- You are interested in transitioning to more of a product owner that also owns the product vision and roadmap.
- You pay very close attention to friction within the customer journey and work collaboratively to find solutions for a better experience.
- Daily stand ups are the perfect way to start a day!
- You are kind - jerks need not apply!
Qualifications that would set you up for success include:
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience for a digital product company.
- Advanced proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with SCRUM and Agile Processes.
- Demonstrated business judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence others.
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope.
- Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements.
- Track record of delivering innovative products and ability to work effectively within ambiguity.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and trade-offs while always looking out for the consumer.
- Experience with mobile development teams (iOS) preferred.
- Experience in the health and wellness space is a bonus.
About the Culture: This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer 401k and FSA and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together at key points throughout the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We provide the equipment along with a stipend when you start to help you set up your home workspace.
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary caregivers can take 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.
- Healthy Culture. We invest significant time and energy to build the best work environment possible, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. That’s why we offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse checks, and a People Ops and management team that is ready to help address questions or concerns in real-time.