Email Marketing Manager
Full Time | Los Angeles, CA
Email Marketing Manager
Glo is on a mission to connect people through self-care. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for an ambitious Email Marketing Manager to build our user acquisition strategies, deepen customer engagement, and reduce churn. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will primarily focus on building engagement for all of our user touch points, including CRM, email, in-app, and push notifications, with a focus on increasing paid subscriptions, driving retention, and increasing LTV. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to establish, grow, and own email strategies and execution in a pivotal growth phase for the Company.
To be successful in the role, you should have at least 3-4 years in email marketing and CRM experience, be able to think big picture and focus on the details, and enjoy testing and iterating. In addition, your relentless drive, passion for the customer, and roll up your sleeves attitude will empower you to execute excellent work.
What You’ll Do
- Build CRM programs across customer segments with a focus on email marketing
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey, reduce churn, increase customer sentiment, and ultimately increasing LTV
- Design and build processes around campaign management and marketing automation: tools, workflows, A/B testing, profiling, segmentation, personalization, triggered events, customer journey, quantitative test designs, and activation to drive retention KPIs
- Brief copy and design teams of all marketing emails on a weekly and monthly basis. Have the ability to independently write and design emails as needed.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to execute campaigns flawlessly and successfully working across teams such as Engineering, Data, and Product.
- Code and deploy all marketing emails through ESP (Iterable)
- Own comprehensive daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all, performance, CRM and email KPIs and help our analytics team build dashboards to track and socialize performance
Who You Are
- Project management pro. You have exceptional project management and organization skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ambitious. You are fueled by the challenges of working in a fast-moving company and are seeking an opportunity to create unique customer touch points that surprise and delight.
- Analytical thinker. You are data-driven insights are second-to-none, but you also believe that understanding the whole story often requires qualitative context.
- Strong communicator and leadership. You are able to articulate your ideas clearly and express your ideas with conviction and influence.
- Curious with a bias for action. You are able to think big picture, and ultimately believe that the only way to learn is through taking calculated risks.
- Flexible. You are able to work in a fast-moving and fluid team environment while remaining focused and calm under tight deadlines.
- Left and right-brained. You can shift between doing the right thing for customer experience and driving toward business goals.
- Great interpersonal skills. You are able to collaborate and build strong relationships with the team.
- At least 3 years of experience with Iterable or similar ESPs
- Ability to code HTML and CSS is a plus, but at minimum, capacity to use HTML and CSS in email production
- Previous, applicable experience in subscription-based B2C business and/or with health, wellness, fitness, or behavior change products
- Ability to comfortably navigate various email and CRM tools
- Have the ability to learn and understand technical aspects of the product and business and apply learnings to email execution.
Our Culture & Benefits:
Our internal mission is to make Glo a great place to work where you can learn and maximize your potential. In order to do that we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits. Although we’re still a small but mighty team of ~50 employees, we know the basics matter. In addition to competitive salary, we offer 401k with match, FSA and cover 100% of monthly premiums for our employees’ health, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Distributed Work Environment. We operate as a remote-first team that comes together once or twice during the year in Los Angeles for strategy, planning and celebration. We also provide the equipment when you start to help you set up your home workspace, and a free coworking membership for days you need to get out of the house!
- Flexible PTO. Just as we trust you to get the work done in the way and place that works best for you, we encourage you to take time off when you need it. We also block out “self-care hour” in the middle of each week as a reminder to regularly make space for your health & wellness.
- Paid Parental Leave. Primary caregivers are given 12 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption. Secondary caregivers can take up to 4 weeks paid time off post birth/adoption.
- Learning, Development & Growth. We take your professional growth seriously - conducting bi-annual performance reviews and providing an independent Learning & Development budget that starts at $500/person. Whether it's a conference or online course, we encourage each team member to commit to continuous learning so they can be the best at their craft.
- Company Culture. We invest significant time and energy to build the best work environment possible, and we encourage our employees to hold us accountable for keeping it that way. That’s why we offer two robust annual surveys to check-in with the team, weekly pulse checks, and a People Ops and management team that is ready to address questions or concerns in real-time.
** Please note that Glo is currently only hiring FT employees who live in California and Texas.
Interested? Show is what you got!